Thursday, February 28, 2019

The blog post i never finished it was Tuesday

I am sitting on a bench at bob hope airport train station. there are two people here: me and someone on the opposite track who i think lives on the bench at the bob hope airport train station.

today i flew from New York into LA, or actually, Burbank, Hollywood.

It is my first time flying into this airport instead of LAX and it couldn’t be a better fit, bob hope airport and I.

But because I am 27 and I am forgetting things, here are just the major events that happened in the last 48h in New York, a city that is dividing my love and heart - and my physical struggle to stay warm in the cold winds.

Today is tuesday. I have twenty minutes until my train arrives.

On Sunday I realized not everything is closed in NYC as it is in catholic Germany.
I went to eat breakfast with my friend h and on our quest to find an authentic bagel shop that is not hiperized we walked deeper into bedstuy and ended up with a egg-bacon-cheese bagel at a fried chicken place that gave me a heartache for the next 6h.
I also drank coffee at this awful cafe which my friend h liked and he laughed at me for being so terrible about it
i was very disappointed at the baristas who were all students and the people inside were all students and it somehow upset me. which i can spare for therapy session.

then i met my friend m who produced most of our upcoming ep in his flat and i met his cat and even though he said i and freaky (name of the cat) would go on well i was very skeptical and freaky was skeptical about me as well (meaning she just didn’t care that i was there) and i don’t blame her. M’s flat is filled with dvds and music and books and a smol studio set up in his room and we talk very much and a lot about music and our lives and it’s the first time i think about all of it again since i’ve left Berlin, like, that this is what I do.

then i met my friend o’s girlfriend, whose house i’m staying at in LA, and she is an actor and singer and in a musical workshop and she told me how she flew out to new York to audition and now she’s doing that and i was so impressed
people just do stuff and you’re sitting there being impressed.

i am gonna go on the train now soon with a little 3 year old kid and his father and the kid likes trains so they just ride the train.
his name is jasper. i tell them i have a friend who loves trains too but he’s 24 years older.


ok so then after i met again with Matthew! and Hanno! we went to a bar and sat around, and it was quite a nice bar in Bushwick called Johnson’s, whose sister bar i’ve been to years ago with Patrick and Simon and they had a can of beer and a shot for 4 dollars or so and it’s located in the lower east side. i remember the woman serving was into me and i was very flattered but shortly after i was just very drank and barely remember the dancehall(?) club we went to and then walking over Williamsburg bridge to Greenpoint. Both bars they have very good vibes, we all liked the atmosphere and chatted until midnight also about which beach boy hanno looks like the most and why the bass on 60s records is so low while so present in the 70s.

the next day i really tested my friend hanno. i dont know if its NORMAL but these two days were so WINDY. IT was so so so windy in new York, so windy that i asked myself if i ever noticed wind in my life before because it feels like this is the first time that wind annoys the shit out of me. maybe that time and the time in iceland in the countryside but there i didn’t want to walk for hours.

so i would stop in the middle of the sidewalk and say „i don’t wanna walk anymore“ and hanno said „Andreya come one“ and i wouldn’t stop whining about the wind as you know manhattan has the GRID streets and every other street would be just a wind canal.

We walked into the designer stores for fun. Miu Miu had turquoise carpet all over the store and the music sounded like out of a gameboy. hanno told the salesperson that it’s nice music and he said „we have the same music for two years. and the songs are playing at the same time


Hey
So its my second third day in LA
and i never finished writing tjis

I will resume later today with new fresh info from los 

Anjeles

No comments:

Post a Comment