Tuesday, May 5, 2020

fuck i got coffee to go today

I got a coffee to go today !!!!!!!!
Let's breathe in these news and realize, it is completely emptied out of useful information. These kinds of stories are the ones i'd pitch to the magazines i interned at and got depressed because noone wanted to publish them (and then i became a musician where i hide tons of coffee-to-go-stories in songs)

Where should I start so first off I had to
- have cash on me (!!!!) took me a while to have that and lets all use contactless everywhere else
- go there and get a coffee

I got a decaf capuccino because I stopped drinking coffee a month ago, which is a sad day for everyone. It took me 15 yeas to find out I am actually, contrary to my own believe, not a suitable host for coffee in my stomach and it makes me more anxious, more jittery, less focused, more sweaty. Nonetheless I love it and I love what it meant - it meant a morning, new start, productivity blabla but also missing the subway and getting a coffee while waiting, having cash in a pocket to spend randomly in a public place, going into a cafe and judging it for being hipster or investing 1$ into nescafe.

My top ten coffee to go stories

- one time i spilled my fresh capuccino on the train and i posted about it on facebook and somenone commented "dont post about it on facebook but clean it up bro" fair enough
- at a bagel shop in london (an infamous bagel shop) we got coffee which was just put some nescafe with hot water
- ALL THE COFFEE SHOPS THAT SELL FOUR EURO COFFEE that tastes like ASS come one we've all been there yet we have all awlays returned and shamefully drank that overpriced piss drink
- i'm just gonna put costa coffee here because it is my favorite place in england next to all whetherspoons
- damnit whetherspoons coffee???? FREE REFILLS FOREVER?? whetherspoons, man made heaven on earth but also do not support weatherspoons CEOs because they are pro brexit. also i went to so many whetherspoons sometimes in weird areas people would drink and gamble there at 10am but its publicly accepted i guess .. also they never play music in whetherspoons
usually i went to whetherspoons on tour
one time i went after a date

So i imagined this blog spot to be a great piece about how i start with "i got to go coffee" but it's a big philosophical ramble about how reality as we know it totally changed and the little things like this transport us into an old life where we didnt appreciate freely taking the subway, going places, drinking coffee etc but i got bored of it really quick

But feel free to meditate on this thought and if you really like coffee esp coffee to go because

i paid 2,80 on decaf capuccino that i drank walking 50 meters away from the cafe and was done and threw the non-reusable cup (I AM SO. SO . SORRY) away

so pre corona life was all about drinking coffee being jittery sweating spending money
now corona life is researching the best decafs!!!! the show must go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment