Saturday, May 9, 2020

life is not like a movie especially on benches

I am in a park on a bench, actually I am on a bench next to a trash can at the park entrance near the street because it is a warm day in Berlin and all the good spots on the park are taken of course. I just put on sunglasses because I think that makes me look cooler than without.
If this was a movie or at least a series or a short story I would sit here and something would happen. So someone would come and talk to me, maybe I would find romance in these times of complete absence of intimacy, at least analog intimacy. Someone actually just sat down next to me, an old construction worker smoking a cigarette. Another old man in a salmon colored shirt is talking to him, apparently they know each other from just hanging out outside. The worker says he has a beautiful wife in Poland. I wanna be a beautiful wife from Poland to someone some day.




So nothing happens while I am sitting here and writing these words. I got a tofu magali sandwich and another guy got the same sandwich as me, which I didn’t know, so when I went to pick up mine we locked eyes and he said „It’s mine“. This is the most dating experience I had in this quarantine. This and also the father of a 8 year old kid in his 40s cleaning out the camper van outside of my practice room that got nervous when I asked where they are heading too, so he repeated it three times and I still had no idea what he was talking about. He later picked up a pen from the ground and brought it to me. Hey, update, actually a girl stopped and asked me for a lighter. I felt like asking „what are you doing?“. I have no lighter because I don’t smoke. This is also a big minus for romance and social activity I guess. „Hey do you have a water?“ is what I will ask people from now on.

Circling back to the guy at the sandwich shop. How much of a movie moment was this?? It should have been like this „It’s mine“. - „Oh hahaha“ - „I’m Albert“ -  „I’m NOONE BECAUSE IT NEVER GOES LIKE THIS“.
Let me think of a movie romance moment that happened in my life, actually there were some to be honest but they always happened in very EXTREME circumstances. So either it was on tour through Europe or in California or on a very intense party night. But the real movie moments are the ones in a coffee shop or the sandwich stand. I know these things don’t exist right now - social gatherings in coffee shops - but they also never existed before, these moments.

Quick stop to inform you the most crazy person of Berlin just sat down on the bench next to me. The ones that are talking to themselves and obviously also about you loudly. Actually he and me are not so different, I’m talking to myself on the laptop and he is talking to himself. But right now he said I am playing the piano, actually me using the laptop looks like playing a piano. Now he said he is always there for me.

Alright.

So yeah, I’m gonna hang out here on this bench a little longer and yes it’s not a movie but you honestly if I didn’t have this delusional optimism of seeing my life like stuff that I’ve seen in movies and books i probs would have doubted „becoming“ a musician but I actually never thought about it. It’s just what i do, so i’m gonna keep sitting on benches, here i want to remind myself quickly to insert the video of me sitting on a bench in new york, and see what happens.

ok see you soon xoxoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment