Sunday, May 17, 2020

many freckles around the mouth make a beard

my room is small so i go out a lot. in the mornings for a long walk, on bike rides, just walking with friends

the sun reaches mostly the lower side of my face because i like wearing caps
the freckles and tan create a dark circle around my mouth
i have a beard now a little bit
only i can see it
of course

sometimes i open my phone and watch a video my friend from far away sent, where he slides from a water creek to the next over a stone because this is where he lives

i live where people sit late in parks together and teens film each other doing piggy backs
i live where being outside is the way from one closed room to another closed room
being outside is walking from one destination to sit around in to the other destination to sit around in

today i walked at dawn and i turned around many times as there was a man walking behind me in the dark
i shivered and i slowed down because i was not sure if he could see my beard from walking so far away in the park


No comments:

Post a Comment